“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Summary by goodreads.com

Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal



...........................................................................................................................................


Hi!! So I'm writing a review on Paranormalcy by Kiersten White!  It's really good and I like it; it gets ...


It's really good enough to read twice and fits all the criteria for a 4 and I would give it a 4 and a half except for we don't have that in our rating system!  But you know really good!  So the main character Evie is really awesome and gut-busting funny! And she works at a Paranormal Agency type place where they learn about paranormal creatures and capture any that are causing harm to humans.  This place has vamps, faeries and some werewolfs.  So Evie's ex-boyfriend is this creepy faerie who wants to kidnapp her and bring her to his house... to dance... yeah creepy. So just saying that I'm completely team Lend!!!!!  He's really sweet and is there for Evie all of the time and he's really funny!!!!!!!  And besides the fact that Lend is amazing Evie is sarcastically funny character, "I sighed. I hate the vamp jobs.  They think they're so suave."  I laugh my head of every time, because Evie is SOOO sarcastic! Anyway if anyone can find a team Lend sticker tell me K? Because I loveeee 'water boy' he's an amazing shape shifter.  So here is a spoiler full convo/discussion:
**********************************************************************************
This book is great but why it gets a 4 is because it really requires not much thought.  It's all spelled out for you there's really not much to think about.  But the ideas are great and I like the writing style!
***SPOILER ALERT**** highlight between the brackets to see the spoiler (we don't want any skimmers to accidentally read this){I like how at the end every fairy is either dark or good! And I never thought the female fairy assigned to Evie was evil!!! One thing that was sad but a good addition to the story was that Evie's BFF-mermaid, died. I was sobbing!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, it led to Evie going to find out what the killer is and why. So, it really was important to the story but it was sad... I also liked how Val was her sister I FREAKED OUT!! It was crazy!!!!!! But feel free to comment and make conversation!! ABOUT THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! }***** END OF SPOILERS****************

I really recommend this book- ALOT! Don't forget to comment!





REMEMBER:
Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...