“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hunger Games Discusions Saturdays: Favorite Scene


Hey it's Hunger Games Discusions Saturdays woah!IT'S A VERY SPECIAL SATURDAY TOO....why? because its: the day The Hunger Games comes out on DVD!
So here is an awesome Movie related question!!


Which scene is your favorite? (besides the cave scene :p)



.....................................................................................................................................
Mari

** Sorry guys...SPOILERS here**

When Rue dies, not because I enjoyed it but it was full of raw emotion and power and just UGH and I was sobbing and Kait was laughing at me!  UGH. But It was done beautifully and the whole scene including the lullaby and the tears. Oh my gosh.  Just perfect.
And then there was the part where Rue's father started an uprising and the whole thing is just so sad and perfect.
**END OF SPOILERS**

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH SOOOOOOO SADDDDDD!

...................................................................................................................................
Kait

My favorite scene would be the Reaping scene...because it screamed HUNGER GAMES to me, more than any part of the movie (which screamed pretty loud as well) and I felt like stepping into the book and watching it dance to life before me...and it was beautiful.

Oh and about what Mari said...I was not laughing at her like she makes it sound! But you should have seen her...she was falling apart right there in the movie theater. Her outburst included sobbing and leaning into Rach's shoulder...Then after the scene was over she STOOD UP and did the "Rue Respect" sign...as we call it....3 fingers






Love this thing.....Mari and I actually did it on a roller coaster for the picture...but that's beside the point...the point is that Mari was crying like Rue was her sister and she had just watched her die....So I laughed it off because people were starting to stare..and she was slipping into hysteria. I had my reasons.




Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...