“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Quotes Today

Stupid name, I know...but this is probably a one time thing...and there is probably someone out there who already came up with a similar meme. In a way this is kind of like Picture This....but like "Quote This" same idea....but with quotes.

Maybe you don't know what Picture This is...so I will explain.

Picture This is a collection of pictures you've stumbles upon during the week and really enjoyed, all crammed into one cute little post. So therefore this post is the same thing...but with quotes...instead of pictures.

Here is one I found today and I find it hilarious. Sorry to all you book partialists out there...but Jane said it..not me.

“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.”
― Jane Austen


I love her sass! :)

“Classic' - a book which people praise and don't read.”
― Mark Twain


hmmm...Mark of all people to say it...makes me love it even more. Someone should show this to my mom....or past teachers.

“There is no friend as loyal as a book.”
― Ernest Hemingway


This is 110% true. No matter how many times you read it it doesn't change....and whenever something I can't handle comes to me, I read. I don't know the kind of person I would be without books. Probably bitter and grumpy. Which brings me to another quote.

When I am attacked by gloomy thoughts, nothing helps me so much as running to my books. They quickly absorb me and banish the clouds from my mind.
— Michel de Montaigne

Yes. This is what I mean.

“What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.”
― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


How much do I love these people? So so so much...who could get it more right than those just like you. As I refer to it your "brand of people" I could not live without them....as I've only recently discovered that such people exist. Where have you been all my life? I honestly don't know how I missed it.

“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice


I would be clearly miserable.






Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!ture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...