“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Hunger Games Discussion Saturday: Do you like how Mockingjay ended?


For those of you who don't know, The Hunger Games Discussion Saturdays is a weekly meme (hosted by us....it was our first meme EVER) and we basically just discuss The Hunger Games...we will continue to do so until we EXHAUST the topic...that may take a very long time. We have at LEAST until 2015 (Mockingjay part 2 movie release)




Question: Do you like how Mockingjay ended?

.....................................................................................................................................
Kait

I think we've gone over this...but in  few different ways..like was it necessary...so this is a different take on the end of Mockingjay..

Which end does this mean though? The epilogue or the 'end'? For me the 'end' was a love/hate kind of thing. There were events that were coming-to-a-close satisfying and also event that made me want to tear my hair out. Thinking about that, and the fact that some "happy" things actually took place (eh-hem....epilogue) I was pleased with how Suzanne officially closed the trilogy and ended the world.... But...I wasn't thrilled about Highlight between bracket to view spoiler. [ Prim and Finnick's deaths....and Gale's departure to district 2 ] However, I did think they were necessary.

..................................................................................................................................
Mari

Well, I loved the epilouge because at the end of a good novel you always want to know what happens to your characters because if you don't have that you never know, they could just be floating lifelessly in the vacuum of space.  I agree with Kait on the bracket sections, I also loved the whole, do you love me real or not real, and the final word just OH MY GOSH AMAZING— Real. Just beautiful writing that paints a picture.




Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...