“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Double Up! Teaser Tuesday/ Booking Through Thursday

Hello!

It's been a crazy crazy week for both Mari and I because we both are doing last minute prepping for NaNoWriMo. (about a week until Nov!)

So I had a teaser planned but it just wouldn't post. (computer problems!)

So here it is,

Teaser Tuesday

Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan teaser:


"Coach," Annabeth said, "why don't you make sure all the fires are out?"

"But I already did that."

"Do it again."

Page 52, Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

I love this book. Rick Riordan is a fabulous comedic writer. I love his books. Always get a good laugh! (Not to mention fabulous plots and characters!!) I recommend ANY Rick Riordan book. I've read them all and love every single one of them.

Booking Through Thursday

This weeks question is:

Are there any good books that you read IN SPITE of the cover and ended up wondering what on earth the artist and publisher were thinking to pair up a cover that so badly represented a perfectly good book?

And...if you didn't like the cover, what made you pick up the book? The author? Assigned reading from school? A recommendation from a friend?

Hmmm hmmm hmmm. It's so difficult! Probably because I judge books by their covers ALL the time...I really stay away from awful covers...I might not even read the synopsis if I don't like it or if it doesn't look slightly interesting/colorful/different. So I have not really read any "bad cover" books. *mentally combs through bookshelf* nope...nothing.

How about you guys? Know any books like this?

Have a great end of the week! (see you back here Saturday for some Hunger Games Discussion!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...