“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang

Woah! It's Tuesday? It feels like Monday! So I guess that means it's Teaser Tuesday...but wasn't it just Teaser Tuesday yesterday? Oh well....time flies. Before you know if Mari will be back from her vacation (the surprise one) and she will have a review for you (I heard a rumor that it might be of the Divergent or Heist Society variety...but shhh. That's just what I heard. ;) )

Teaser Tuesday's is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading and asks you to :

1. Grab your current read

2. Open to a random page

3 . Share 2 "teaser" sentences also citing the title of the book and the author and in that way people can have great recommendations if they like the "teaser".

4. Please avoid spoilers!

What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1)I should not exist. But I do.

Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t . . .

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet . . . for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.





..........................................................................................................................

I've seen recently somewhere...possibly tumblr? That says to open you book to page 52 and put sentence 5...so this is sentence 5 of page 52 of What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang:

"We stood there in the stillness of that Sunday morning, a barefooted girl in a T-shirt and faded red pajama pants, water dripping down her chin, a terrible secret in her head."



Happy Monday/Tuesday...whatever day it is! Just make it happy (or not...the choice is yours...Like from that Odd Life of Timothy Green —is that even how they spell green? Or do they spell it "Greene"? I don't know!— movie: "Have the day you have!")

 





Ohh! I almost forgot! You might have noticed the NaNoWriMo sticker on our sidebar...and if you noticed that then you might have noticed the caption that tells you Mari and I will be participating! So you might see us around on the forums and such. (we are in both the YWP and regular Nano)

Here is my (Kait's) siggie:




Like it? My user name is somewhat obvious...so it might be too easy to find me....hmm. Maybe we would do it as sort of a scavenger hunt...whoever private messages me on NaNoWriMo first (if you can find me...Using only the siggie to locate my whereabouts.....if you can find me....well I don't know what...maybe you could be featured on a guest post or something like that...while that is still in the works...try and find either Mari or I and message us with a Hello...everyone loves hellos.......

Mari's siggie is still in the works, so if all goes smoothly with this test contest than I will post hers and it will be more official....Feel free just to try and find us and say Hi...we won't bite (hard) Happy Tuesday guys!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since we are a user friendly blog and want all of our readers to be able to read the comments please add " **SPOILER ALERT** " to your post if it applies. Thanks for your consideration!

We love love love your comments! When you leave them it just makes us so happy! Thanks for visiting!

-Kait, Mari, and Rach

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...