“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”

― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rant

A pet peeve of mine is when I read a dystopian book and I fall in love with the world and the dystopian society that are in....but by the end of the first book they "run away" to the "wild" or something like that where the entire book is changed and the character had hardened somehow.... New characters who think that the protagonist is a......well not very intelligent.......that is too involved with the city ways or something like that. Most likely the male protagonist/love interest got separated from the female and she is mopey and "determined" to save him...and everyone else in this new environment aka "book 2" doesn't understand the dire need to find so and so. Blah blah blah. It just kind of ruins the series.....that's why the first dystopian books are always the best. (except for THG...they are all equally epic) and I am also excluding Uglies from this as well.

Sorry for the rant.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...